Coles Travel Insurance
Coles Travel Insurance is only available for purchase when booking flights through flybuys travel.
Our travel insurance is backed by Cover-More, an Australian-based company who have been protecting travellers domestically and internationally for over 30 years.Coles is now offering domestic and international travel insurance policies.
After announcing plans to enter the travel insurance scene as far back as 2015, Coles has now made good on that promise, launching two travel insurance options for customers to choose from – Coles International Cover and Coles International Comprehensive Cover.
Why should I consider Coles Travel Insurance?
Coles Travel Insurance is a convenient option for travellers booking their travel using FlyBuys. The policies are simple, straightforward and easy to understand. There are only three options to choose from, which can help you avoid analysis paralysis. The policies automatically cover many activities that other insurers make you pay for, including skiing and cruising.
Coles Travel Insurance is backed by Cover-More, a company that covers 9 million travellers each year. Since Cover-More will be handling your claims, you know you’re dealing with people who know what they’re doing and coles travel insurance quote.
top travel insurance tips
- Know the exclusions. Just about any travel insurance policy will have a set of general exclusions that apply to all travellers. This includes things like accidents while you’re drunk, illegal activity or certain adventure sports. Sometimes, knowing what’s not covered is just as important as knowing what is.
- Double check pregnancy cover. Travelling while pregnant? Getting appropriate travel insurance cover can be tricky, as many policies impose strict limits or don’t offer cover for pregnancy at all. So it’s important to know exactly what you’re covered for and find a policy that meets your needs.
- Pay attention to age limits. For older travellers, checking age restrictions is key to travelling with a good insurance policy. Usually, the age limit applies to the age you are when you buy a policy – so if you have a birthday while you’re away and go over the age limit, you should still be covered, in most cases.
- Compare your options. Finding the right travel insurance is as important as booking the right holiday – you want something that suits you to a tee. To make it easier to compare a tonne of policies, you can head over to our travel insurance comparison tool and travel insurance direct.
What policies does Coles offers?
- Domestic travel insurance. If you’re staying within Australia’s borders, Coles domestic travel insurance offers bare-bones bones policy, covering you if you have to cancel your trip or if your luggage or travel documents get lost, stolen or damaged.
- International cover. This is the basic form of international travel protection, covering you for trip cancellation, medical emergencies, lost luggage and emergency accommodation.
- International comprehensive cover. This is a step up from international cover, giving you protection for everything international cover does plus more, including theft of money, loss of income and disability protection.
What won’t be covered by my policy?
The most common general exclusions include:
- Not taking reasonable care of yourself and your property
- Travelling against you doctor’s medical advice
- Breaking the law
- Being drunk or on illegal drugs
- Having an uncovered pre-existing condition
- Giving birth
- Experiencing loss as a result of war, rebellion, nuclear reaction or biological weapons
How much excess will I have to pay out of pocket?
For each claim you make, you will need to pay an out-of-pocket expense called an excess. The excess you’ll pay differs based on whether you are travelling domestically or internationally:
- Domestic: $50 excess
- International: $100 excess
How can I claim on my policy?
If you need to make a claim, follow these steps:
- Fill in your claim form. You can request a form by calling 1300 568 298 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add supporting documents. Your claim form will have a checklist with the documents you’ll need. Examples include receipts, police reports and proof of cancellation.
- Submit the claim via post to:
Coles Travel Insurance
Private Bag 913 North Sydney NSW 2059 Australia
For additional assistance:
- Call: 1300 598 298 or +61 2 8907 5087
- Email: email@example.com
What do the policies cover?
- 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance
- Unlimited overseas medical expenses
- Emergency dental expenses
- Unlimited trip cancellation or amendment costs
- Unlimited expenses for family or travel companion to be with you during an emergency
- Rental car insurance excess cover
- Personal liability
Coles insurance review
Excellent claims service – my claim was resolved within 10 Business days with the repairs being of a high standard.
I highly reccomend the Coles Insurance products based on the seamless claims experience I I had when dealing with the Coles Claims team.