Simple tax calculator
This calculator will help you to calculate the tax you owe on your taxable income for the previous five income years.
Which rates apply?
The individual income tax rates will depend on the income year you select and your residency status for income tax purposes during that income year.
Foreign residents are taxed at a higher rate and aren’t entitled to a tax-free threshold. Part-year residents may be entitled to a part-year tax-free threshold.
It won’t calculate
- Medicare levy
- Medicare levy surcharge
- Temporary Budget Repair Levy
- Working holiday makers’ tax obligations
- Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)
- Trade Support Loan (TSL)
- Student Financial Supplement Scheme (SFSS) liabilities you may have.
If you need a detailed calculation, you can use the Income tax estimator.
All outcomes provided by this calculator are based on the information you provide at the time of calculation. You should use the outcomes as an estimate and for guidance purposes only.
The exact amount of your income tax can only be calculated upon lodgment of your income tax return.
- Simple tax calculator This link opens in a new window – this calculation will take between two and 10 minutes to complete.